On 18/09/2012 01:02, Richard Weait wrote:
I think that it is worth examining our disagreement on this roundabout
a little further.

If you were mapping just this intersection would you map it as a
T-junction or as a roundabout?

I expect that you would map it as a roundabout.  If I was coaching a
new mapper, or mapping it myself, it would be mapped as a roundabout.

I must admit I don't understand this. I am trying to talk about project governance, the principle of subsidiarity and the manner in which OSMF working groups can help local mapping communities to improve the map, and you want to talk about a roundabout. Are you making fun of us?

My best guess as to the Roundabout Inquiry is as follows:

 * when the D5 and D17 were first mapped in 2009, there was no roundabout
 * at some later point, a roundabout was built
 * the contributors in 2012, for whatever reason, did not map it

If the DWG intends to conduct an inquiry into the 800 million roundabouts on this planet, I suggest that you need to increase your staffing level.

Baffled,

--
Eric Marsden