On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 9:48 AM, Christian Quest
<cqu...@openstreetmap.fr> wrote:

> This is a major governance problem for me, some guidelines are updated
> by someone on a wiki page, something that was a recommendation becomes
> mandatory (on Nov. 15 2011 by Richard
> Fairhurst) and then some contributor get blocked based on this wiki
> page edit that comes from nowhere.

Sorry Christian to tell you that but this discussion should not happen
on the d...@osmfoundation.org list. As the foundation defines itself,
it doesn't intervene on the contributions or data themselves. The DWG
has no legitimacy to decide what is good or bad to import into OSM. As
they say "they just follow the guidelines" decided by the community.
So this discussion about the guidelines should happen on a public list
involving a maximum of OSM contributors worldwide like the main
t...@osm.org ML.

Pieren