Hello there,

I’m part of a group based in Hackney called the Tree Musketeers. We do a
variety of tree-related things around the borough & beyond, one of which
being annual planting of young trees in a selection of parks. We’re
planning this year’s planting at the moment, & we’re thinking of mapping
these new trees on OSM, for our own use & also as a tester for potentially
mapping notable trees throughout the borough in the future
(publicly-available tree data is currently very sparse/outdated for
Hackney).

I’m writing here to put out feelers for any related projects/groups: are
there any mapping-enthusiast tree folk out there? Or tree-enthusiast
mappers? At present we have arborists (tree experts) with identification
skills & a group of keen local volunteers (tree fans) with local knowledge
& access, but everyone is quite new to mapping & OSM.

Any info or contacts would be greatly welcomed!

Best,
Helen

p.s. We should be featured on Countryfile on BBC1 on 29 Nov, if you’d like
to learn more about the group!