I wrote:

> There was one lane that I followed until it got to a gate,
> turned into a track in a field, and had a roadsign indicating
> no motor vehicles between 1st October and 30th April except
> motorcycles. No idea where that went...

I meant to say, if anyone can come up with a better way of tagging:
Please feel free.
NPE suggests I could perhaps extend it, but don't know where the
other end is - does it go only to the farm, through to the lane to
the east, or does only the route to the north from halfway along
still exist?

And the highway=byway I mentioned is here:
and renders as a dashed line on Mapnik.

Ed