Hi!

Ciarán Mooney <general.moo...@googlemail.com> schrieb:

> I am trying to merge some bus stops on Penns Lane, Sutton Coldfield.
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=52.53496&lon=-1.81479&zoom=15&layers=B000FTF
>
> I have moved them all to the correct position. Some of them were
> spectacularly off, I was very surprised that the Naptan data was that
> bad!
>
> However on Xoff's little NOVAM viewer I can see they have changed
> colour to orange and they are incomplete, but I don't know why. What
> tags are they missing??

I can only see one orange stop which is missing the shelter tag. Did
you manage to fix the other ones?

The rules for the colouring of the bus stops are as follows:

Bus stops should show up green if they have
        a highway-tag [1]
        AND a naptan:AtcoCode-tag
        AND NO naptan:unverified-tag
        AND NO naptan:verified=no
        AND a 'route_ref' tag
        AND a shelter tag.

A stop is considered a plain naptan stop (blue) if it has
        NO highway-tag
        AND a naptan:AtcoCode-tag
        AND a naptan:unverified-tag OR a naptan:verified=no.

Plain OSM stops (yellow) must have
        a highway-tag
        AND NO naptan:AtcoCode.

And finally there is the concept of a physically not present stop
(grey). This is a bit unfinished as we have not really decided what to
do with these stops. At the moment a stop classifies as not physically
present if it has
        NO highway-tag (to prevent it from showing up on the map)
        AND a naptan:atcoCode-tag
        AND a physically_present tag set to 'no'.

All remaining stops are displayed as an orange stop. This is a bit of
catch-all which does not actually display merged stops but everything
that is not explicitely marked finished or *not* merged.

> We could do with some more documentation! And then starting to
> publicise it maybe?

A number of people started using it (at least I am constantly receiving
error reports when people try to use the not yet implemented functions).

After talking to Brian last Thursday I have decided to not develop the
actual merger any further as merging can easily be done with josm.
Also, things like stop areas add lots of complexity to the merging
process and it would be difficult to implement this all. So, I will
concentrate on improving the viewer which seems to be very helpful.

Cheers,
Christoph