Hi,

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I'm guessing you mean creating a
new node within the building that has the reference number. Which (and
I apologise if I am wrong) sounds like you are tagging for the render
rather than being true to whats there.

I'd personally put the ref tag on the building itself, failing that if
you want to be specific I would create a node on the outline of the
building where the entrance is and tag that. At least then the node is
directly associated with the way that forms the building. Though this
seems pointless as there are a variety of entrances to many buildings,
tagging them all seems like a waste of time. Common sense tells you to
walk around the outside until you find a way in ;)

Hope that helps,

Ciarán