Hi All,

Over the last few weeks there has been a lot of effort made on remapping
Coventry so that it remains in a reasonable state when we shift to the new
license/contributor terms. If you can remember the amount of bad orange &
red ways from a month ago, take a look on [1] to see the fantastic amount
of work that has been done. We have had several users contributing, both in
replacing v1 roads and generally taking the opportunity to improve the map
(e.g. using Bing imagery).

I have recently focused on examining the history of many of the 'orange'
status roads, and applying the odbl=clean tag when appropriate. Many of
these roads were flagged as orange due to highway=unclassified being
changed to highway=residential. As this is deemed a trivial edit (as it is
clear from Bing which roads are residential), I have marked them as clean
(this easily took longer than had I been the original mapper setting the
residential tag as I had to examine the history of each way to check for
other non-relicensable edits :-( )

I have (99%) completed this task now - Thus any objects still highlighted
on [1] will likely need a ground survey as the non-compliant tags can not
be determined from Bing. This includes:

1. Places of Worship (marked on OS StreetView but often requires a site
visit for the name)
2. A couple of schools (as above)
3. Post Boxes
4. A few roads with restrictions (e.g. maxheight/maxweight)

I am away for the following week so will unfortunately not be able to
continue ground surveys to collect this information. If anyone has the time
then that would be much appreciated, otherwise we can fill in the missing
info at a later date :-)

Relations
--------------
Some relations (bus routes) may be missing a few roads come April. I have
yet to have a look at relations but believe that if you view the relations
history (on DeepDiff or JOSM) and it is ok then you can apply the
odbl=clean tag to the RELATION (i.e. not the individual roads). Seeing as
Curran1980 appears to have recently updated all bus routes after the
network changes in February, you could easily argue that they can all be
marked as clean (?).

Thanks again to everyone helping out with remapping efforts - even if just
a few nodes.

Cheers,
RobJN

[1]
http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=wtfe&lon=-1.52133&lat=52.41458&zoom=12&overlays=overview,wtfe_line_inrelation,wtfe_point_modified,wtfe_line_modified_cp,wtfe_line_modified,wtfe_point_created,wtfe_line_created_cp,wtfe_line_created