OMG that's amazing.

Why can't we get it from OS Opendata?

On 08/06/2012 23:06, Andy Robinson wrote:
All done manually, there is no magic import. Its several years of hard graft
tracing from Bing imagery and if they also have numbers also from ground
survey.

Cheers
Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: Big Fat Frog [mailto:bigfatfro...@gmail.com]
Sent: 08 June 2012 22:46
To: talk-gb-westmidlands@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [Talk-gb-westmidlands] Houses and other buildings

If you look in Birmingham then all the houses are there, I can't beleive
that
was done manually.  There must have been an import sometime.

On 08/06/2012 22:38, Matt Williams wrote:
On 8 June 2012 22:12, Big Fat Frog<bigfatfro...@gmail.com>   wrote:
Hi all,

When I look at a lot of towns all the houses etc have been traced but
not in others, I can't beleive someone has sat down and done each house
one by one?
   Where is this coming from and how can I get it for my area?

It depends on where you're looking but I think that in most areas, the
building have been traced manually. For example almost all the
buildings at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=52.39399&lon=-
1.57597&zoom=15&layers
=M have been traced by me from Bing aerial imagery. It can be tedious
but sometimes my OCD gets the better of me :)

Cheers,
Matt