Hi Florian, All,

On Thursday, Stuart showed us his example map page [1] which is a good
starting point (although I still think some banner across the top like the
log-in banner we saw on Thursday would be nice).

Today I found a very useful blog that discusses how to create
Mapbox/Tilemill functionality with leaflet. Very interesting read - I was
particularly interested in how Mapbox do the interactive/pop-up bits
without constantly querying a database [3]. The resulting map [4] provides
very swift and low overhead display of legend and pop-up data (much better
than when I was experimenting with pulling vector data from a MySQL
database in my attempted allotments map last year). I will see if I can
find the time to play with this before next months meeting.

Rob

[1] http://mappa.stulester.co.uk/map-test/
[2]
http://blog.thematicmapping.org/2012/11/exploring-mapbox-stack-mbtiles-tilejson.html