I've wondered about these in the past too. I'm not quite sure that "track"
is correct even though they are unpaved (to me a track is more rural). How
about:

highway=service
service=alley
surface=unpaved

I guess the next question is - what if the alleyway is only wide enough for
wheelie bins/pedestrian access? Do you tag them the same way and add
motor_vehicle=no (or a maxwidth tag) or do you tag them as a highway=path
or highway=footway instead?

Confused? Me too!

Regards,
Rob