On 21 October 2013 22:51, Ed Loach:

> Offlist – in JOSM after downloading, can’t you just search for things with
> the tag you want to change and then edit the tag, or do you mean it still
> adds it to the nodes of the ways even though they won’t be part of the
> selection?

Ah yes that's how to do it. Once downloaded to JOSM, click Edit->Search and
enter "artist:name" (with quotes) into the search box. This selects the
ways (without their nodes) and the individual nodes. You can then just
change the tag key for all elements and upload.

Cheers,
Rob

p.s. I really need to remember this (but will probably forget again - sad
times)