Thanks Brian,

Let me know when you get the email confirming it and I'll put some social
media out. As for contacting people via the OSM message service, I'd
suggest something along the lines of the following (we do need to be
careful to make sure we don't all contact the same people!)

*Hi <name>,*

 *I am contacting you as you appear to be contributing to OpenStreetMap in
the West Midlands area.*

 *On Saturday, 9th August we (a group of local OSM contributors in the West
Midlands) are hosting a get together in Birmingham to celebrate 10 years
since the start of OpenStreetMap. I am reaching out to local contributors
like yourself to invite you to join us for the celebrations.*

 *The plan is to meet between 12noon and 2pm at Six Eight Kafé on Temple
Row - a 5 minute walk from Birmingham New Street railway station. There
will be cake and of course lots on offer from the café. We have the
downstairs room available to us, so just ask one of the café staff to point
you in the right direction. If people are interested there should be time
for some mapping afterwards.*

*Six Eight
Kafé:http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=52.48162&mlon=-1.89657#map=18/52.48162/-1.89658
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=52.48162&mlon=-1.89657#map=18/52.48162/-1.89658>*