Yes I;ve found high-vis vests very useful. Beyond that, I sometimes
pretend to be confused or play with camera/GPS which makes people feel
a bit better, or say hello and say I'm mapping. I think it's a special
case in this country though where an outsider is automatically going
to rape and bomb you, things are much more relaxed in various sections
of the EU.

On 4 May 2008, at 15:22, Matthew Gates wrote:

> On Sunday 04 May 2008, Shaun wrote:
>> You might also be interested in printed OSM hi-vis vests that Graham
>> Smith is going to do:
>> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2008-May/025909.html on
>> the main talk list.
>
> Exactly the sort of think I was thinking about.  I shall contact
> Graham -
> thanks for the pointer, I hadn't seen that.
>

> Matthew

Best

Steve