Mike Paley wrote:
> Can someone remind me what details I need to enter as username 'pmailkeey'
> on OSM please.
>
> I now have a list of OS grid refs

> SD 17898 84329
> SD 17895 84379
> SD 17887 84428
> SD 17876 84475
> SD 17853 84551
> SD 17841 84602
>
> For the entire length of the A5093 including two level crossings and a
> suggested location for the town of Millom.
>
> What's the best way of getting this onto OSM ?
>
> Mike

It rather depends on how you acquired that list. Usually OS grid refs
mean you got it from OS based maps, which means you don't get to enter
it in OSM at all...

If you converted it from your own readings, then go back to the
pre-conversion data, & use that. OSM is very much based on Lat / Long &
emphatically _NOT_ OS references - whilst it is possible to convert back
& forth, that's not how it's done.

The Newbies list might be a good place to check for this kind of info, BTW.

Mark