Christopher Osborne wrote:

> 1) There's a big push by some forward thinking individuals in departments
> like DirectGov to free up government datasets.  Their intention is to
> stimulate some interesting mashups/applications of governement data to
> encourage other departments to release data.  They specifically mentioned
> people using it in cycle planners.

Read their recent answer to the second of the questions MySociety set
them (see http://tinyurl.com/dzbayl) sounds unfortunately like they
still might not have "got it" though - talk of "intelligible form"
sounds very much like make pretty user readable versions available
rather than raw data :-(

> ps Enjoy the TfL API
> http://www.tfl.gov.uk/businessandpartners/syndication/default.aspx

...for bonus points, work out what terms and conditions apply to it and
whether we can use any data derived from it ;-)

Of course the station locations and things are almost certainly
contaminated by the omnipresent OS anyway.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/