I'm wondering if someone will be able to implement an efficient version of the snooker ball visualisation on http://www.cyclestreets.net/blog/2009/03/26/thats-a-really-odd-route/

Shaun

On 29 May 2009, at 15:19, Chris Andrew wrote:

Hi, all.

It occurred to me whilst editing recently, that due to user error,
some roads do not correctly link to each other.  I made this mistake
when I first started editing, because I had the resolution at the
wrong setting.  This made things quick and easy, but unless you are
using a small scale, you can't ensure that the way that you are
plotting actually joins an existing way.

This leaves me thinking that this could be a bit of a problem for
route planning on satnav devices and other apps where the roads MUST
connect together.  My question is, can we (do we?) automate the
checking of roads to ensure they are connected to something, and if
not, is it possible to highlight them, rather like unnamed roads can
be shown in red?

Sorry about my garbled message; I hope it makes sense.

Cheers,

Chris.

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/