It took me a while to find, as I was searching for:
St Leonards-on-Sea
However (assuming I've found the right place) it appears to be in the data under just:
St Leonards
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/356906703

So, which is correct?

Map location:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=50.86&lon=0.5493&zoom=14&layers=B000FTF

Shaun

On 4 Jun 2009, at 14:15, Peter Miller wrote:

The DfT have just published a contract out for the collection and
management of cycle data for St Leonards on Sea

"Lot 1. Cycle data collection. Undertaking cycle surveys to extend the
Ordnance Survey Integrated Transport Network to include information
about existing cycling infrastructure and where cycling is permitted
and recommended. Cycle data will be provided in accordance to
CycleNetXChange specification (http://www.cyclenetxchange.org.uk/).

"Lot 2 - Cycle data management. Managing the central database
including coordinating data collection, journey planner publishing,
data maintenance and quality assurance activities and managing local
authorities and data suppliers. These activities are supported through
the online data management tools provided by Transport Direct.
http://www.publictenders.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=84033

Should we give the place a review and ensure it is top notch for
cycling before the contact is awarded. The roads for the place seems
to be complete, however there is a distinct lack of footpaths and
cyclepaths in the town which seems unlikely. There is also a lack of
paths through parks and there are no cycle lanes/tracks on roads
according to OpenCycleMap. It might also need work on turn restrictions.

The users retselkim, timsc, fyremoon and the_winch seems to be
reasonably active in the area. It is too far for me to go but might be
a good venue for a mapping party this summer - south coast, sun, sea,
ice cream etc ;)

Regards,

Peter