On 4 Jun 2009, at 15:01, Andy Allan wrote:

> Out of interest, how much would one of these tenders go for i.e. how
> much do people pay in the "real world" for this kind of thing? Are we
> talking £500, £50,000, £250,000?

No idea, but the tender process must have significant costs associated
with it measured in £x,000. Anyway, I feel that the 'real world' is
shifting and possibly in the real world' in future the answer will be
'not very much just so as long as you work with people not against
them'.

Incidentally, I was speaking to a senior professional person from the
South West a few days ago who was aware that OSM had just mapped MK
and was wishing that something similar could happen where he was. I
suggested that all he had to do was ask, be nice and offer warm beer
and pizzas at the end of the day from council funds!

Regards,

Peter