Peter Miller wrote:
> Any suggestion on what we should recommend for the UK? I guess the USA
> should also be party to this discussion but they have far less
> population of the maxspeed field (only 70 uses in the Bay area) so
> possibly we should come to a view first.  Our options seem to be:-
> maxspeed=30mph (the user should strip a trailing mph to find the value)
> maxspeed=30   (leaving it for the user to realise that it is in the UK
> and therefore imperial)
> maxspeed=30 mph (the user should strip the last word if it is mph
> including the space)
> maxspeed:mph=30 (Easy for the user)

Given your going to have to pre-process the data before you can do stuff
with it anyway All of the above are fine, with a preference for
specifying the units, but figuring out if a road is in a region that
uses km/h or miles/h is hardly rocket science!

Using km/h in the UK make no sense what so ever.

--
Chris Jones, SUCS Admin
http://sucs.org