Tom Hughes wrote:
> On 21/07/09 14:02, Steve Hill wrote:
>
>> Some thoughts on sensible protections which could be implemented in the
>> future:
>> 1. The ability to ban a user from editing.
>
> This would be easy to add - at the moment we have to lock the account
> completely.
>
>> 2. The ability to ban an IP address or range of IP addresses from editing
>> (this is extreme).
>
> This one would be easy to add but pointless when we can do (1) and (3).
>
>> 3. The ability to ban user creation from an IP address or range of IP
>> addresses.
>
> This one already exists, but has never been used to date.
>
> Tom

My 2p;

He has been very active around "my" area and I have had to put in some
work righting wrongs; there are more out there than I have fixed & I
believe the original was better than the fixed version in some cases.
Although some of my time has gone into re-edits, I would prefer to see
him reverted completely. If I lose an occasional addition, it will be
worth it.

If he's a bored teenager in London, there's a Dartford mapping party
coming up next weekend; I'll even offer a lift &/or mentoring! It's the
summer holidays now so if he likes b*ggering about in OSM, the next 6
weeks could be problematic! If he's not interested in being
constructive, +1 for a ban.

Mark
S.W.Essex