On Tue, 21 Jul 2009, David Earl wrote:

> He keeps coming back, day after day, making nonsense edits, but not in a
> random way. It's not just scribbling.

(Disclaimer: I've not done any work in the areas affected, haven't looked
at the user's edits and so have no specific opinion on whether the user is
in the wrong or not).

If there is a user who (by general consensus) is making nonsense edits and
is continuing to do so after having been taken to task by email, I would
have thought the first thing to do is to ban the user from making edits
before considering what to do about the edits they have already made.
Bonus points for being able to display a message explaining *why* they've
been banned when they next try to edit stuff, with details of who to
contact to resolve the situation.

If you just revert all the user's edits without doing something about the
ongoing problem, you're just going to end up with a whole load of more
edits that need reverting in the future.

  - Steve
    xmpp:st...@nexusuk.org   sip:st...@nexusuk.org   http://www.nexusuk.org/