Christoph Böhme has been working on a NaPTAN merge tool called NOVAM. It
colours bus stops (see below) in a manner that shows you whether you have
already merged data or if the node is untouched NaPTAN. It will be very
useful once finished, however its offline at the moment. It should be at:

http://www.mappa-mercia.org/cgi-bin/novam.wsgi

At the moment it's not functioning live to make merge changes, but you can
use it to see current progress when its working. Just take a look in and
around Birmingham, UK.

Colouring scheme:

Bus stops should show up green if they have
        a highway-tag [1]
        AND a naptan:AtcoCode-tag
        AND NO naptan:unverified-tag
        AND a 'route_ref' tag
        AND a shelter tag.

A stop is considered a plain naptan stop (blue) if it has
        NO highway-tag
        AND a naptan:AtcoCode-tag
        AND a naptan:unverified-tag.

Plain OSM stops (yellow) must have
        a highway-tag
        AND NO naptan:AtcoCode.

And finally there is the concept of a physically not present stop (grey).
This is a bit unfinished as we have not really decided what to do with these
stops. At the moment a stop classifies as not physically present if it has
        NO highway-tag (to prevent it from showing up on the map)
        AND a naptan:atcoCode-tag
        AND a physically_present tag set to 'no'.

All remaining stops are displayed as an orange stop. This is a bit of
catch-all which does not actually display merged stops but everything that
is not explicitely marked finished or *not* merged.

Cheers

Andy