Jason Cunningham wrote:
>Sent: 19 August 2009 12:49 PM
>To: talk-gb@openstreetmap.org
>Subject: Re: [Talk-GB] NAPTAN update?
>
>I found the wiki page giving advice on merging.
>http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:NaPTAN/Surveying_and_Merging_NaPTAN
>_and_OSM_data
>
>But it does need updating. It mentions removing a 'source tag' which doesnt
>appear to be used, and mentions merging using software but I cant see a way
>to do that with Potlatch
>
>I'll stick with the advice Tom's just given, until its updated.
>
>Jason Cunningham
>

>2009/8/19 Tom Chance <t...@acrewoods.net>
>

>       On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 12:27:37 +0100, Jason Cunningham wrote:
>       > Is there any guidance showing how we should deal with these new
bus
>stop?
>       > Just looking at my local area, many of the new ones are in the
>wrong
>       place.
>       > But I cant simply move them because there is already a bus stop in
>the
>       > correct location with route information.
>       >
>       > What is the correct procedure for merging bus stops? What remains,
>what
>       > gets removed?
>

>       I believe Thomas Wood is planning to improve the wiki.
>
>       I've made a start in Peckham, where the stops are all there but
>relations
>       between pairs of stops are patchy, and many stops aren't in the
right
>route
>       relations. Some nodes have the route_ref tag which I'm treating as
>       deprecated due to route relations. NAPTAN nodes have much better
>       information that I don't want to lose. So my approach has been:
>
>       - move the NAPTAN nodes to the right location and delete the old bus
>stop
>       node
>       - check the name and other details as one or two have been slightly
>       incorrect
>       - add the NAPTAN node to the right route relations
>       - switch the naptan:verified tag to "yes"
>
>       Regards,
>       Tom

There's a bit more details via the Birmingham NaPTAN trail page:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/NaPTAN/Birmingham_Trial

For an example of what I do when I merge the data see the following node
example:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/367694067

The tags with naptan: at the front are the import data and the rest are
basically what I've taken from the stop sign on the ground. We remove the
"unverified=yes" tag (verified=no perhaps in your case) once a stop has been
verified and all the data merging complete. I use the merge tool in JOSM to
merge the nodes. You will see also that I add "+ survey" to the source tag.

Hope this helps folk.

Cheers

Andy