2009/8/26 Peter Miller <peter.mil...@itoworld.com>:

> On 20 Aug 2009, at 13:21, Thomas Wood wrote:
>
>> 2009/8/17 Thomas Wood <grand.edgemas...@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> I'll start the imports tomorrow. I think it'd be wise to spread them
>>> around the country so one group of people aren't entirely swamped with
>>> several counties.
>>>
>>> As such, I'll start with Hull, Greater London and Suffolk, mostly
>>> picked based on the impression of eagerness for this to happen in
>>> those regions to begin.
>>
>> Shall we continue with Hull and Suffolk now?
>>

> I see that there are another 16 counties where a NaPTAN import has been
> requested[1]. Personally I have found the Suffolk data to be very helpful
> and would recommend that we get on with it. There is a Baslidon mapping
> party in Essex coming up and it would be great for them to have the data in
> first.

Yes, yesterday I was fixing a bug in the software that caused some of
the Suffolk StopAreas to not upload at all, they will be going live
today (there's not very many).

> We did spot one gremlin in the source data in the formatting of change
> versioning which resulted in a small number of excess stops being imported.
> We have discussed this with the DfT/Traveline and they will get it fixed at
> some point but lets not wait for that. Can you do a work round Thomas? If
> not I would suggest we get on with it anyway as any issues will be picked up
> on the ground survey anyway.

I am not able to work around it, as the bug is in the source data I
downloaded. On a review of more recent data, it appears that it was
just that one download that had the issue. Downloading the data again
should rectify the problem for future downloads.

> Am I right in assuming we are only importing bus stops on this pass? I
> notice that some ferry terminals were not imported in Suffolk - not a
> problem but it would be good to get the railways entrances, ferry terminals
> tram stops and indeed the ATCO codes for railways stations etc in at some
> point.

Yes, we were going to do the rest in a separate pass.
Regarding recent discussions on accuracy of railway station data, eg
(http://googlemapsfail.tumblr.com/post/170424479/only-one-of-these-is-really-a-railway-station),
I'm assuming this data is sourced from NaPTAN, so care will be needed
with that import.

> [1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/NaPTAN/Request_for_Import
>

> Regards,
>

> Peter