On 27 Aug 2009, at 00:15, Chris Fleming wrote:

On 26/08/09 16:29, Callum Noble wrote:
Hi Bob,

Sounds like a good idea.

I organized a meetup in Glasgow back in Feb '08. There were a few
Edinburgh people came through but in the end there weren't as many
people came as had posted to the list or on the wiki (there were only
4 of us in the end I think). Despite the poor turnout was good to put
some faces to the edits.

Since then I've not done much mapping but am going to start to try to
get back on top of things. I'd try to make it along to anything
organized in Glasgow.

I was trying to figure out when that was, I remember there were 4 or 5
of us. It woll be well worth getting together and look at organising
some mapping parties outside of the cities.

According to
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Past_Events_2008 there was one on 25th Feb 2008 http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php?title=WikiProject_Scotland&oldid=81610 is the version of the page with the pub meet info.

I'm needing a good excuse to take a little holiday up there in some fresh air. ;-)

If I remember correct, that was one of those days I got into Glasgow early and lost the data from my wander around some of the city centre streets collecting data. And it wasn't the day I was mad enough to cycle the whole way back home:
http://blog.shaunmcdonald.me.uk/2007/07/cycling-glasgow-to-edinburgh/

Shaun

Cheers
Chris