> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 22:58:52 +0100
> From: Andy Robinson <ajrli...@googlemail.com>
> Subject: [Talk-GB] data.os
> To: talk-gb@openstreetmap.org
>
> Been pointed out to me that http://data.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/ has a link
> to some cc-by data for Hampshire. Its sitting on a talis server as far
> as I can see. Have i missed something here?
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy

Talis are the 'semantic web platform' of choice for the data.gov.uk.

Tom is right, you can't do much useful with it. Although I was thinking of
referencing my local admin boundaries to the 'Unit_id' so that people using
the data.gov.uk datasets can relate their geodata to OSM.

We have: http://data.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/doc/7000000000011199
Which is the resource for the London Borough of Hackney, with:

Census code<http://data.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/ontology/admingeo/hasCensusCode>
00AMGH  Unit i d<http://data.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/ontology/admingeo/hasUnitID>
11200
And the equivalent OSM relation:
London Borough of Hackney (51806)

So was thinking of tagging the OSM relation with the census code and Unit id
above eg ons_code = 00AMGH, oso_id = 11200

The ontology is released through CC Attribution. Thoughts?
Would be quite a coup to have data.gov.uk work and mashups being produced
with OSM.

--
Christopher Osborne
www.itoworld.com