On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 22:05:22 +0200, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org>
wrote:

<SNIP>

> Before anyone starts massively using OS data for anything else than a
> comparison, I strongly suggest to get a very clear view of this, either
> by having the OS say "yes ok" or at least getting a statement from our
> own licensing working group.

+1

I for one have still yet to trace anything from OSSV, even though I am
desperate to do the local watercourses, because I am still unclear on
this point. I am only a relatively minor contributor, but I want to be
able to accept the contributor terms, should that ever time come,
without hestiation and without deleting any of my work first. Perhaps I
am overcautious and may eventually succumb to temptation on a bit of
local tracing (where I am happy I could accept deletion if necessary),
but I am mildly alarmed at the prospect of large-scale use of this data
without a bit more clarity regarding the compatibility of ODBL.

David (davespod)