Bob Kerr <openstreetmapcraigmil...@...> writes:

>I can easily understand that apostrophes and the name bypass are annoying,
>however I think there is an opportunity here.
>
>For example, bypass or by-pass. This highlights an inconstancy in the OS data,
>which will be useful for them to correct and standardise.

Perhaps, but it will take them at least six months to do this (I believe the
OS Locator data is updated on that schedule), and probably longer.  In the
meantime we'd like to get on with adding the missing streets and names.

I expect we all agree that while standardizing apostrophes, Saint/St, and so on
between OS and OSM may be a worthwhile goal, it is a much lower priority than
completing the map.  So for now it would help us more to ignore such
discrepancies in the Locator-comparison tiles.  It might however be worth making
a separate 'pedantic' version of the tiles in which every small difference is
highlighted.

--
Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com>