Hi,

I have tidied up my OS Opendata Map (http://www.maps.webhop.net/osm_opendata
).

The changes are:

   - Lines and dots are smaller so it looks less of a mess.
   - It excludes source tags containing '25k', 'os7' and 'photos', which
   were giving quite a lot of false positives, especially in Scotland.  Let me
   know if you see any others and I can exclude them.
   - I have left my original layer available as 'tiles1', but this is not
   displayed by default - you can add it with the '+' control to see the
   differences.
   - The about <http://www.maps.webhop.net/osm_opendata/about.html> page has
   been updated to describe how it works better (still crude, but more
   complicated SQL!).

There are still some surprising things here - for example National Cycle
Route 1 is highlighted, even though I know that the bits I added are not
from OS Opendata (see the bit from Whitby to Sunderland
here<http://www.maps.webhop.net/osm_opendata/?zoom=10&lat=54.6778&lon=-1.37818&layers=BFT>).
  It seems that someone has tagged the relation (Relation Number 9579) with
'OS_OpenData_StreetView' - I don't know why they would have done this?

Regards

Graham.

On 20 July 2010 23:40, Graham Jones <grahamjones...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Thank you all for your comments.
> I'll not get into the licence change debate here - plenty of that on
> osm-talk....
>
> -  I agree that there are a few surprises highlighted here.   There are a
> couple of cycle tracks highlighted that I survryed myself, so I will have to
> check the underlying data.  When I get home I will improve the filtering to
> exclude os 1:25k references.
> - I will see what I can do with the rendering as Gregory suggests.
> - The supermarkets reference is copy-and-paste-itis on my behalf - sorry!
> - Emilie is probably right that strictly I should be interested in history,
> but I cant do that easily from a planet extract, and I don't think it will
> matter too much with opendata being so recent.   A curious legal point is
> that if a way was originally derived from os-opendata, but subsequently
> re-surveyed, is it still derived from opendata?
>
> Graham
>
> ____________________
> Graham Jones
> (from my phone)
>
> On Jul 20, 2010 4:41 PM, "80n" <80n...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Robert Whittaker (OSM) <
> robert.whittaker+...@gmail.com <robert.whittaker%2b...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> What's more, because Produced Works can be published under a restrictive
> license we couldn't get the additional data back by tracing either.  ODbL +
> CT makes getting data back into OSM much harder than it is now by a massive
> degree.
>
> BTW, how would a corporation agree to the Contributor Terms anyway?  The
> sign-up page only caters for individuals.  Has, for example, CloudMade,
> agreed to the contributor terms yet and how could we tell if they had?
>
> 80n

Dr. Graham Jones
Hartlepool, UK
email: grahamjones...@gmail.com