Dave F. <dave...@...> writes:

>1. If I trace/import data from OS Opendata today; will I have to remove
>it when the new license/CT come into force?

It's hard to give a factual answer to this.  However the only reasonable guess
is 'no'.  I cannot imagine any licence change going ahead that would require
giving up the OS data.

(There was a thread on this list recently asking about compatibility of OS
data with the current new-user contributor terms - which are different from the
current latest draft version - and it didn't come to any firm conclusion other
than 'this belongs on legal-talk'.  Read the CTs and come to your own answer.)

>2. I've seen some people insisting we attribute any such
>tracings/imports with the appropriate source=* tag. Why?

It seems a bit daft to me too, but the idea is that OS wish to be attributed
whenever their data is used.  (Don't get me wrong, I think tracking the origin
of data is great, but much better to do it at a per-changeset level rather than
with duplicate tags on every single object.)

--
Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com>