On 16/09/2010 15:23, Craig Loftus wrote:
Which is more accurate: the OS Streetview data that shows MHW (spring, I
assume) or the PGS data?
I haven't used it for coast lines, but doesn't OS Vector District
include the high water mark? This would be the most 'accurate',
although not necessarily the most 'correct' source? Certainly better
than tracing from Streetview.

In the case of coastline, aren't they the same data, just in different formats?

As I've haven't attempted importing yet (I don't think using the whole coastline would be a good first try); I just wanted to trace the area that I surveyed recently & make sure that it's more accurate than what's already there (PGS).

Cheers
Dave F.