On Friday 04 March 2011, Graham Stewart wrote:

> One point relating to Average Speed Cameras:
>
> Don't assume that the first camera is entry into a monitored
> section and the next camera exits the monitoring.
> This is not always the case.
>
> They can be set up as dual-exit-entry like this:
>
>      Enter-A --> Exit-A-Enter-B --> Exit-B (see
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7048645.stm )
>
> Or potentially overlapped like this:
>
>      Enter-A --> Enter-B --> Exit-A --> Exit-B
>
> So the best we may be able to do is note the presence of the
> cameras. Attempting to place them in relations for the individual
> monitored sections could be tricky and misleading.

Ok, I didn't know about the more complicated systems. But these systems must be
governed by some sort of logic, and I'm sure that logic is expressible in some
sort of relation scheme.

Whether that is worth doing or whether we will ever be able to
determine/reverse engineer this logic for many situations is another thing.

robert.