Funnily enough I've been working on something similar now for a while. It's not perfect and needs a bit more work, but I've uploaded a couple of tiles (one London, the other Ben Nevis).

http://www.grough.co.uk/lib/documents/tmp/lss/nn17.jpg
http://www.grough.co.uk/lib/documents/tmp/lss/tq28.jpg

That's been put together using a mixture of OS StreetView (buildings), OS VectorMap District (roads, forests, water, crags), OS Landform Panorama (contours, relief), OS BoundaryLine (civil parish names), OS Strategi (national park boundaries, mountain range names) and OpenStreetMap (point names, footpaths, parks, schools etc).

So if there's anything I can help with let me know.

Luke

Luke Smith | Technical Director
-
grough | the inside view of the outdoor world | news, features & community
tel 07817 961718 | email luke.sm...@grough.co.uk <mailto:%20luke.sm...@grough.co.uk> | web www.grough.co.uk <mailto:%20www.grough.co.uk> "grough Limited" is registered in England and Wales. Registered number 06881144. Registered office 2 Spring Wells, Oakworth, Keighley, BD22 0QZ. This e-mail is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential information, if you believe you have been sent this message in error please contact us.