Luke Smith wrote:
Hi Phil,

What did you use for the 3D render?

That's a screenshot from my "3D Lake District" iPhone app.

The maps I've put together aren't using the VectorMap raster, so I have the roads rendered above the paths - otherwise I'm sure things would be all over the place.

Right, being able to render them under the OS data is certainly helping you.

"Ben Nevis" etc is indeed coming from Strategi's selection of major mountains and mountain ranges (got a few problems with accents there I see). It's not great, but VectorMap District hopelessly misses out the major hills altogether. The 50K gazetteer has them in, but far too many points aren't categorised. Hopefully fixed in the next version. Text for water features is a complete disaster in VectorMap, with the locations being massively out and the text sizes being inconsistent, with many rivers set to the same style as the North Sea etc.

I had a meeting with OS on Thursday, where they seemed to think the 1st April would see the next release of VectorMap District. I'm going to render the whole country in the mean time (will take a few days) and work out what all the problems are, then see what's fixed in April.

Good; I'd rather wait and hope that they've fixed things, rather than trying to work-around it somehow.

Regards,  Phil.