What we seem to be edging towards is a mixed tagging of route_ref and relations,
being respectively the 'rough' and 'proper' way to tag bus routes, and the need
for some lint-like tool to reconcile the two - at least as far as migrating data
from route_ref to the ideal tagging.

If you just wish to verify the position of the bus stop and not any of the other
information like name, local_ref or route_ref, then you can often find the
position using Bing imagery.  I've adjusted a handful of stops this way and
marked naptan:verified=yes but tagged a note to say that only the position was
checked.

--
Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com>