Hello all,

As some of you might know, I used to work for British Waterways editing
their consumer website, Waterscape.com. We also put together a bunch of
other waterway websites while I was there, one of which was for the Severn
Way long-distance path.

Unfortunately, what with public sector cuts and all, it's been decided
they can no longer afford to run the Severn Way website. This seems a
terrible shame - it's a terrific walk (much more interesting than the
Thames Path :) ). So with the agreement of BW, I've bought the
severnway.com domain name and plan to resuscitate the site.

As part of this I'd love to put some OSM mapping on there - not just a
slippy map, but PDFs, Garmin downloads, all of that. But that rather
requires the route to be mapped in OSM.

The route so far is at

As you can see:
- unmapped Plynlimon-Welshpool
- partly mapped north of Welshpool
- mapped through Shrewsbury
- unmapped Shrewsbury-Stourport
- mapped Stourport-Gloucester
- partly mapped Gloucester-Frampton-on-Severn
- unmapped Frampton-Avonmouth
- unmapped Avonmouth-Bristol ("Bristol Link")

There's an overview map at
http://www.simonholtmarketing.com/PDFs/Severn%20Way%202.pdf

I'm looking forward to taking the odd Saturday now and then to help
complete the mapping. But if anyone finds themselves in and around the
route, please do survey it. Really looking forward to getting the site up
and running again.

cheers
Richard