This morning, darren39 has fixed the unconnected way (125500644) Andy
mentioned (http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/8983662).

A section of the A522 was also deleted in darren39's first changeset
after the block
(http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/62360148/history) and
replaced by a new way (version 1 of
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/125500635/history). This new
way also wasn't connected to various other roads including the next
section northbound of the A522, but I reconnected it.

I think it would be much better if he didn't keep deleting ways when
he wants to alter them and instead altered the existing way, to avoid
creating all these unconnected roads (and also make it easier to see
the history of the way).

While fixing some of his earlier work I've also noticed that he has
added C and D road references to several roads in Staffordshire (eg
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/62776742/history). I'm
wondering where he has found the information for these (C and D
references don't normally appear on road signs), and hope they haven't
been taken from a copyrighted source without permission. If the source
is OK, I'm not sure whether C and D roads should be tagged with a ref
tag, since it's not a reference for public use unlike M, A, and B
roads.

Cheers
Paul Williams
(Paul The Archivist)