Brian,
Sounds like a good challange.   Main issue is that we will need to decide
how to tag breweries - mostly 'landuse=industrial' or 'building=yes' at the
moment, but I can not find anything specific to a brewery?

First go at a map based on looking for 'brewery' in the name is here:
http://maps3.org.uk/tiles/brewery.html.   It is pleasing to see that
Cameron's Brewery in the bright centre of the universe shows up prominently
without any fiddling by me!
Any suggestions on how to distinguish real breweries from 'Old Brewery
Appartments' would be appreciated!

Note also that  this map only shows things tagged as areas, not nodes -
there seems to be a table missing from my database - not sure why, but will
fix later!

Regards

Graham.

On 30 October 2011 15:15, Brian Prangle <bpran...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> Having just been at the CAMRA Birmingham Beer Festival and seen the huge
> number of breweries from across the UK  Got me thinking -  is there any
> appetite for a project similar to the baseball project
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Big_baseball_project_2011 in getting
> all the breweries mapped and rendered  maybe as "OpenBrewMap". Surveying
> could be fun!
>
> Regards
>
> Brian

Graham Jones