Thanks for telling us how to toggle the various layers - quite neat (the
visible but not click-able even more handy!)

The rest of this message may appear to be a bit negative, but it's not
supposed to be - hopefully it's constructive feedback!

What would be useful is for there to be a way of picking out features /
icon-ising them (e.g. cycle barriers/parking) - is there any chance of a
GPX with those sorts of things in (making it trivial to copy to our GPSes
for double checking OTG)?

I'm not convinced some of the matching has been too brilliant - for example
on Daleside Road it's put a cycleway (well footpath full of paint) as the
LCN, then put the "A-Road" Daleside Road alongside it as an LCN too - the
signage does all point to the "cycleway".  Additionally some of the bits
have no textual data in them - spotted a few along Maid Marian Way (See
http://imageshack.us/f/835/mainmarianway.png/ ) for an example.  There are
a number in the city centre.

It would also be handy to edit the data before merging - for instance down
the Nottingham and Beeston Canal they have "lcn:name=Nottingham Canal" but
all the signage around the whole of the 16km circular route (and all other
publicity) calls it "THE BIG TRACK" (although to be fair most of the usable
signs have gone up in the last few weeks, the previous signs were about the
size of a beer mat!)

Something odd has also gone on with the import south of the Broadmarsh Bus
Station - if you find "Carrington Street" its to the east of it, just north
of the canal - two random bent lines with no labels!
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/337/broadmarshcentre.png/ (I think
they are the roads into/out of the bus station).

Finally bicycle=no would be handy to have in a different colour.  (And
est_width 2.5 seams to mean 25cm in Nottingham, although generally they
seam to be reasonably accurate (i.e. 1.25))

Taken as a whole the data seams to be useful for finding locations to go
and survey but not for importing - it's just too bitty and out of touch
with reality (especially if we try and keep in touch with the OTG
signage/logic).

Then again perhaps my logic has been flawed - basically:-

   - If it has NCN route numbers (6,15,64) on the signs it's ncn:yes;
   ncn:ref:6/15/64
   - If it's a non-NCN named route crossing county boundaries (i.e. The
   Erewash Valley Trail) it's rcn:yes.
   - If it's a non-NCN named route within Nottinghamshire (e.g. The Big
   Track, New Basford Avoiding Tram Tracks) it's lcn:yes and gets a relation
   with it's name in it.
   - If it has blue signs pointing to a destination (e.g. West Bridgford,
   Emmanuel School) it's lcn:yes - when a cycle path is adjacent to a road the
   LCN is on the cycle path unless the signage/road markings makes it obvious
   it's not.
   - If it has blue signs but with no directional signage it's either
   highway:cycleway; or bicycle:yes
   - If it has a cycle lane it's simply cycleway:lane

*Slightly OT 1*: What would be even more useful would be for Nottingham
City Council and Rushcliffe Borough Council to actually sign all these
cycle routes - the named LCN "The Green Line" is a really useful cut
through through West Bridgford with lots of tyre tracks down it (and IME
more cyclists than peds - not too surprising when it runs from the edge of
the town centre to the high school on the outskirts of the town and is
parallel to a main road for it's entire route) but is spoilt with steps at
either end - alas the only signs present are "Public Footpath". There are
numerous routes like this I have spotted (both with the city's paper maps
and the DfT data).  The OTG routes, and this DfT data, are full of holes in
the network - the printed maps seam to take the path of least resistance
between the gaps in the DfT data!

*Slightly OT* 2 : Where do we stand on naming routes which aren't named on
the ground (or in the DfT data)? - the "Clifton Commuter Cycle Route" for
instance is obvious to work out when you know the three ends are NTU City
campus, NTU Clifton campus and Clifton centre (i.e. follow the LCN signs
for Clifton, NTU Clifton, and City Centre / NTU City) but the only place
with those destinations and the route name is council publicity.  The three
commuter cycle routes would be handy to have on OpenCycleMap as they are
generally very quick routes which are easy to follow and have few things to
get in the way (although only of one them is anything more than signs put
alongside the bus lanes and a few ASLs).
Kev