On 2 March 2012 14:35, Richard Fairhurst <rich...@systemed.net> wrote:
> We change to the new licence in just under a month's time, so it's a good
> time to look at the current state of the UK. What's likely not to be carried
> through to the new database?
>
> The good news is that the UK is in a very healthy state overall.  Just under
> 99% of nodes will survive (98.68% according to odbl.poole.ch, and there have
> been a couple of acceptances since then), 97.64% of highways, and 99.48% of
> other ways.
>
> But there are a few significant problem areas:
>
> - NE Surrey/SW London
> - Hertfordshire (Luton, Hemel etc.)
> - the Wirral
>
> There are also milder problems in Manchester, Coventry and Hampshire, and,
> of course, isolated pockets here and there.

For the record, I'm working on Coventry at the moment. I hope to have
time over the next month to blitz it clean but I welcome any other
mappers in the area to help out too. Fortunately the majority of
Coventry was mapped by DamoCov (agreed) before sherbourne (undecided)
made his changes. Most street names were entered by DamoCov and any
that weren't are available from OS OpenData StreetView; for those few
that remain I'll have to do a personal survey. I'm mainly focusing on
the road network first since I feel that's something that we don't
want to suddenly be broken on the 1st of April and is most easily
verifiable from Bing/OS.

Overall I think that Coventry will come out of this in better shape as
I'm trying to take the time to clean things up wherever possible.

Cheers,
Matt