Presumably Peter is also adding source:maxspeed=UK:nsl_single, therefore
preserving the fact that the maxspeed data represents the national speed
limit at that point, rather than being explicitly signed as 60 mph?
Certainly that's how I tag national speed limits on single carriageways here
in Kent.

Gregory