OK
I'm buried deep into this and getting totally lost ...

I'm using http://layers.openstreetmap.fr/ to check what needs doing

We have 'admin?' levels

5=Regions ... so West Midlands
6=Counties ... But Manchester and some Welsh ones are missing?
7=Not used ... But I wonder if 'Unitary Authorities' might be better here?
8='Districts' ... But I'm not sure WHAT is currently set here?
Should this be 'local_authority'?

9=Not Used
10=Parish ... Has some way to go, but why is CP appended to some areas and not others? The files I've checked have CP as part of the title so should we not standardise on that?

The French have added a separate 'local_authority'
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:boundary%3Dlocal_authority
But we have been having a discussion on the main talk list about them doing their own thing ;)
We could legitimise that by using it?

I then have
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:boundary%3Dpolitical
With political_division of:
parl_const
county_division
ward

But we only seem to have a very small number of wards loaded?

My immediate 'need' is to add a couple of constituencies and their wards , but I'm having trouble unravelling the 9 different data sets in the Boundary Line set. I think I need 'district_borough_unitary_ward_region' for the wards, but is it then 'westminster_const_region' for the constituency boundaries?

Next step is what has already been converted and who is already adding stuff ...
I've located 'county', district' and 'parish' but I assume that I need to process the ward data myself :)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL