Adam wrote:

> Can anyone give me any pointers about importing house shapes
> into OSM?

They were probably traced by hand from Bing imagery rather than
imported.

> I've added a few
> buildings over the years, but they end up being slightly wobbly,
> which is far from ideal. I have a huge preference for Potlatch
over
> JOSM, but will switch if necessary.
>
> Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Gosh. Potlatch 2 has changed since I last looked. When editing,
select the closed way selecting the building and if the toolbox
bottom right has an option to "Show More" click that. The button to
make corners right angled is the square one with red nodes on the
corners.

I personally now try to only add buildings having first surveyed to
collect the house number details, as I figure while the buildings on
their own look pretty, the addressing information can help routers
get an accurate destination (and not having unaddressed buildings on
the map helps me see where still needs surveying). But that's
probably just me (and another local mapper).

Ed