On 11 Feb 2013 18:06, "Nick Whitelegg" <nick.whitel...@solent.ac.uk> wrote:

>  ...I'm guessing most pois have a node even if they have an area as well.

That might be the case today but I am assuming that as more buildings are
added then more and more POI's will just be areas.

Mkgmap has a feature to generate POI nodes from POI areas. Maybe you should
do something similar to just compute nodes and add them to free-map.

> - sea: this is because it would be somewhat awkward to have a blue sea
and white land...

No problem.

I have been using AFTrack on Android which has a bunch of other neat gpx
and track related features but if it ever stops raining down here I will
definitely test your app some more.

Kevin