On 19/03/2013 20:34, David Earl wrote:
On 19/03/2013 20:10, Simon Blake wrote:
Could I ask the panel about http://goo.gl/maps/y9Zj3 ? If you look
towards the road to the right (Parliament St, Gloucester), there are No
Entry signs with no exceptions signed, but on the road it says "Buses
and taxis only". Equally, the sign under the green filter arrow on the
right-hand traffic lights says "Except buses" - surely that should say
"Buses only".

This is just incompetent. Yes, the No Entry sign on the left should have
an exception (interestingly the road is only wide enough for one bus and
if you go further down the street we find it is traffic light
controlled, so the right filter light must be linked to the one a
hundred metres away - clever). Except that No Entry is unenforceable
because they must always come in pairs and the one on the island belongs
with the other one on the exit. I think the road marking is OK, but the
one on the lights is definitely wrong - it should have a mini No Right
Turn sign with that exception plate, built into the lights, like this
(which is no left turn except cycles, but same principle
http://bit.ly/ZbOhtZ ), along with the filter light.

Here's a more comparable example, done properly: http://bit.ly/ZbOhtZ .