First of all - thanks for all the replies. I've added a link to this thread to the map note.

David Earl wrote:

What do people think of this:

http://osm.org/go/0EQSJEoZT-- (aerial: http://binged.it/10kuDNm )

It's a couple of months since I was there, but my recollection is that that one (Cambridge) is a fair representation of reality. There is stuff on the (very narrow) strip in the middle of the road isn't there? A westbound ambulance wanting to do a U-turn would have to go as far as the former garage (where the white structure at the top of the Bing imagery is) to turn back I think.

It's a different situation to the Lincoln ones, where as far as I could see there is just paint keeping traffic apart.

Cheers,

Andy