Yes, I am making the point that the wiki policy is not observed in Wales.

If you do some simple replacements (s/London Road/Ffordd Caergybi/,
s/Ffordd Lundain/Holyhead Road/, s/name:en/name:cy/) then this adequately
summarises how roads in North Wales are tagged. Certainly in Bangor, the
roads I have surveyed have the welsh name above the english name on street
name plates (presumably policy for Gywnnedd). And although English is
extremely widely spoken it is not the first language for the majority of
people in the area. In Welsh speaking areas it is my experience that
schoolchildren take until their mid-teens to feel confident in English.

Personally I favour a name=Welsh Name / English Name, name:cy=Welsh Name,
name:en=English Name approach, as used for instance in Brussels on OSM and
officially in Biel / Bienne in Switzerland (one of the few places there
which is truly bilingual).

One place in Switzerland where there is some commonality with the situation
in Wales is the Grisons,  where Romansh is the language of the natives, but
a lot of signage is often in German. Like Wales there are many incomers
living the Grisons which tends to distort the actual cultural relationship
of the  languages spoken in the area: monoglot English speakers are often
retirees or people running life-style businesses whose children left home
before they moved to Wales. Similarly people with Welsh as first-language
often have to use English for economic and (broader) cultural reasons,
which also tends to downplay the languages significance in daily life.

Jerry