Hi,

Just wondering what the current state of what we can do with the UK council
footpath open data is?

Generally I don't just copy the data into OSM anyway: it's more fun to survey
:-)

However I'm wondering whether we can do this?

1. Use the council data to verify whether a footpath surveyed by GPS is
actually a public footpath, in cases when the waymarking is ambiguous and we
"think" it's a right of way but may or may not be;
2. Removing the designation tag from a footpath surveyed from GPS before the
council data was available. I've discovered that a path I surveyed in 2010 is
not actually a right of way, according to Barry Cornelius' rownmaps.com.

Thanks,
Nick