Can we check their IP? Didn't something similar happen with some Google
employees vandalizing OSM a few years ago?

Chris

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Tom Chance <t...@acrewoods.net> wrote:

> On 23 September 2013 16:01, OpenStreetmap HADW <osmh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > * changesets with the same comment that doesn't correspond with the
>> > thing they have traced, like "This is a House"
>>
>> Unfortunately, like subjects on many PC support forums, the average
>>  contributor doesn't seem to be able to make useful changeset comments.
>> Whilst they are not useful comments, I'm not sure they are any worse
>> than maybe the majority.
>>

> Have a look at them all. There is a difference between comments that are
> not useful, and comments that have nothing to do with the edit at all. I
> know all about comments because I contact every new user who makes an edit
> in my part of London, and the suggestion I most often make is to leave
> descriptive comments because they leave none, or useless ones. But this
> user comes back every week or so and makes another damaging edit with a
> misleading, identical changeset comment. That doesn't look like a string of
> innocent mistakes to me.
>

>> > * lots of features deleted, in a way that doesn't look like an accident
>>
>> I only looked in detail at one.
>

> Have a look at more, then, as I have!
>
> Some have no valid geometry at all, just noise. Some do, along with
> deletions and bad geometry. What sort of person remains very confused over
> many months, deleting and adding data in a useless way and adding comments
> like "this is a house" or "this is a nursing home" again and again, and
> ignores messages from another user offering help? I came to my conclusion
> after looking through lots, and I appreciate it's a big step to block and
> revert but I have been watching this user for some time and it looks to me
> like vandalism. If I set out to vandalise OSM, the most clever way would be
> to keep making lots of small, innocent changes that would probably be
> missed.
>
> Regards,
> Tom
>
> --
> http://tom.acrewoods.net   http://twitter.com/tom_chance

Life is not the amount of times you breathe, is the moments that take your
breath away.

To all things comes an end. And to all things comes a beginning.

Cred in inspirat, nu in expirat. in vise, nu in somn. In trait, nu in
existat.