As I said, I'm not a lawyer, just erring on the side of caution. My worry is that if you add the "Nike Chimney" (fake name) as a climbing route, we may be using something that is not without legal encumbrance. I'm just paranoid :-)

I would suggest that if anyone goes out, surveys and climbs their own route and then uploads to OSM then that would be fine.

On a further note, I don't know how you map a vertical route on a flat map?

Jonathan

http://bigfatfrog67.me